Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just A Little Fact

For as long as I can remember I have loved to sew.

My first memory of sewing was when I was 9 years old. At the time I was taking sewing lessons at the local Girls Club in Niagara Falls, NY. I remember quite vividly sitting in one of the rooms cutting out my first pattern and stitching up the hem on my apron....trying to evenly space each stitch.

The fabric I picked out for my apron was a blue and white gingham. My fingers can still feel its weight. I can't remember exactly what shop I bought that fabric from but I do know that anytime I visit a fabric shop now... I am like a kid in a candy store. The smells, textures and patterns of fabric are comforting to me as being at home.

The creation of that apron must have had a big effect on me subconsciously because that memory may also explain why today.... I am a woman who much prefers a closet full of fabric rather than shoes! ~amy

No comments: