Monday, October 5, 2009

A Fond Memory & Cherry Applesauce

Good morning! It looks like the sun is trying to peep out today. It's been 4 days of cold, rain and gloom. Looking forward to some warmer sunny autumn days.
I had the Rachel Ray show on TV the other morning while I was working in the house and she whipped up this easy cherry applesauce. It looked yummy to me and I liked the fact that by adding the dried cherries created a twist to the whole applesauce recipe thing. So I decided to give it a try. Easy..easy...easy. Recipe is below.
If you notice the blue and white crocheted linen I have positioned in the photos below...it is a pot holder that my grandma (my dad's mom) made. She used to crochet such wonderful pieces. Mostly...bed linens, towels, tablecloths and pot holders. In fact...it was a source of income for her. I remember her always crocheting in her living room...sitting in her big comfy upholstered chair across from the TV console. On the top surface of that TV was a blue glass bowl with a scalloped rim. It was filled to the brim with those orange spongy peanut candies. Do you know which one's that I'm talking about? That bowl was never without candy upon arriving to her house each Sunday after church. All those years I really took her efforts for granted on how she kept that candy bowl full for us. My grandparent's weren't wealthy people so keeping that candy bowl always full must of taken a little bit of doing. She's been gone now for 34 years. It's funny how that little pot holder that I packed away so many years ago...could bring me back to that special place that I hadn't been to for so long. ~amy
















Cherry Applesauce

Handful of dried cherries
1/2 cup of cider
2 cups of diced Mac apples

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Cover and bring to a boil. Keep covered and simmer to the texture that you would like.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds yummy! I'm heading to the store....
Jane (Artfully Graced)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

How easy and how scrumptious!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.