Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Adare, Ireland....Our Journey Continues

On day three in Ireland we went to Galway University.  We walked around the grounds and I saw this Harry Potterish statue.  At least I thought it was reminiscent of Harry Potter but my nephews and daughter's didn't think twice about it and so it goes.....



I thought the architecture on campus was lovely with the arched windows and the exterior walls covered in vines.


Galway City was bustling with people shopping and dining out.


We visited St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church.  It's the largest medieval parish church in Ireland and is still in constant use.








After traveling back 1 1/2 hours to our lovely villa in Adare Manor...we ate dinner.  Then we ended the night going for a nightcap at the castle.  Here is my brother and husband singing a duet together.  What a day! 

No comments: