Thursday, October 6, 2011

All Is Not Lost

I had just planted my mums in the planter and set them outside near the side door.  Yesterday....We had our oil tank filled and for some reason the oil man decided the hose that fills the oil tank should be positioned right on top of my mums.  I found it curious...why the hose couldn't be positioned on the ground somewhere next to the planter?   It was not to be.  I gathered the broken stems...put them in an old glass Adirondack milk bottle and set them on the window sill.  I guess all was not lost.

Today I'll be linking with  The Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingy Thursday.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

How sad :-( I've noticed that our trash man is throwing the lid to our cans on top of my Knock Out rose by out mailbox. I've been looking for a little flower fence, but summer things are all gone now. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a no-reply email, so I could not respond. My lamp is not small, it is about 16" tall.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Diane Mars said...

Now those men really don't have an eye for beauty do they? Darn I would have really been upset if it had been me! Hugs, Diane

Favourite Vintage Finds said...

Your Mums look lovely in the old milk bottle!