Wednesday, September 7, 2011

There once was an old woman.....

who lived in a shoe.  She had so many children...she didn't know what to do.

Today I'm joining Suzanne at The Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingy Thursday.
I picked up this 50's night light from an adorable antique shop called The Red Barn Antiques.  Unfortunately...hurricane Irene has forced this adorable shop in Upper Jay, NY to close for good.  Upper Jay is in the beautiful Adirondack mountains.... this pretty little hamlet was devastated from the storm.  It'll take some time for them to rebuild and recover.   
 I'll rewire the light so it's again in good working condition. 






10 comments:

Coloradolady said...

This is adorable. The weather this year has really caused a lot of places to close....as if the economy was not enough. You were lucky to find this one! Happy VTT!

LV said...

You found a great vintage old lady living in a shoe.

Anonymous said...

I l-o-v-e your shoe light :) It's so charming and homey. So sorry the Antique Shop had to close :( Blessings~

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi, so nice to meet you! I love your blog name, so cute, just like this shoe. I love vintage baby planters too!

Debbie

Madison said...

That's so cute. I love it.

Madison xxx

c. Joy said...

Cute lamp. You say rewire like it's easy. I've never tried - is it easy? I guess I worry about burning down our house. Happy Thursday.

Diane Mars said...

That is darling you know I have seen one of those before but I had no idea it had been a nite light. I bet it will look darling lite up. Thanks for your sweet comment my Grand peep is a real treasure! Hugs, Diane

Ivy and Elephants said...

What an adorable little night light! Don't you just hate it when your favorite little hiddy holes go out of business? There are places and people that I still pine for. At least you have this precious memory to cherish.
Hugs,
Patti

Jackie said...

Hi There! This lamp is so cute. I feel like I've seen it somewhere before but I can't recall where. That is sad about the antique shop and I'm glad you found this little treasure there before it closed.

Jackie

Donna said...

I absolutely love that little lamp.
Great vintage find!