Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lattice At Its Best

I don't know if you've noticed yet from reading my blog that I like home interiors and home exteriors. I don't know why but I always have and I've always favored homes built in the 1920's ~ 1960's. I thought I would work in the interior design field. I even went back to school for interior design in my late 30's and got a degree in it but because of multiple moves...I never worked professionally in the field. That could be an excuse but I'm still trying to figure that one out. Frequent relocation's have given me many opportunities to decorate our own homes and that has been fun! I'll get around to show you pictures of our present house someday. Below is a picture of a homes entrance way and door that I'm absolutely in enthralled with. This house is across the street from our church and I have been admiring it for years. Look at the lattice work. How sweet. I thought you might think it's charming also. Have a lovely day. Click on the picture to enlarge it and feel the love even more! ~amy

5 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

What an unusual use of lattice. I think it is just so charming, too. Cute, cute house! Nothing beats those older ones!!

xx
becky

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Who would have thought that could look so lovely and cottage-like? Thanks for sharing...

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Karen said...

The use of lattice at this doorway makes it look so much more inviting than it would look without it. We have some scraps of lattice in our garage and I'm dying to use it somehow in my landscaping. Unfortunately, my carpentry skills are weak so I'm waiting for dh to make something for me. He has a honey-do list a mile long, so maybe next year.
Toodles-
Karen

Kelly B said...

I think that is adorable!! Very welcoming. I would love to do something like that to our front door, and grow roses up it. What a lovely picture!! Thanks!!

Joy Tilton said...

I agree, it's like the icing on a cake! Craftmanship is the reason we don't see anything like this with new homes. Our neighbors built a Craftsman style house and it's got a lot of the features of an old home, very homey since I grew up in a Craftsman!