Friday, December 4, 2009

Hello

...it's been a little while since I've posted but I finally feel like I'm catching up with what all needs to be done for the holiday season. We had a lovely Thanksgiving. My daughter was home for a week from college and it was really nice being all together. The girls and I finally applied for our passports. It's been a long time in waiting. I'm embarrassed to tell you how long. Kurt has been after us for years (I guess that will give you a clue) to apply for them. We attempted a few times before but the girls and I didn't like our pictures. We were always told you couldn't smile for your passport pictures but last week we found out otherwise. We got to smile and we were all OK with the pictures this time. Quite honestly...no matter how those pictures came out we'd use them. So that's done!! Below is a picture of my mother, sister, her husband, the girls and Kurt on Thanksgiving. My nephew Jeff wanted me to post a picture of everyone at the table so Jeff this is for you!
Started my decorating this week. Last weekend went to the tree farm and cut down our tree. Since Aubrey was still home we decided we could use her muscles before she headed back to school. We put the tree in a bin outside with water and this weekend we'll put it up in the house. With all of the other decorations up already it just doesn't feel complete until the Christmas tree is up and decorated. Don't you agree? Next week I'll post some of my favorite decorations in the house.
I can share with you now a picture of our outside front entry. I enjoy decorating with fresh greens any where I can....so natural and nostalgic.
Well off to make a list. These days when I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with things to do and ideas...I make a list and that seems to calm me down. Enjoying the season entails keeping the stress level down. Right? lol. ~amy




8 comments:

Beverly said...

Looks like a yummy and fun meal....I absolulty love your entrance!

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Amy! Looking forward to seeing more of your pretty Holiday decorations!
:)
Zuzu

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

The picture of your family is wonderful. Those are my favorite kind! My family doesn't want me to post photo's of them..but I do it anyway from time to time. It is so great that your family understands that blogging is not a threat to them. Some of mine understand and some do not! Most do, thank heavens!

Your front door is so inviitng and warm! A beautiful entry!
Mona

stefanie said...

everyone looks so happy, cant wait to see your decorations

Stacey said...

Your porch looks great! I'm proud that you have the discipline not to blog when you are busy. I'm not quite like that...too much time blogging.

Kat said...

I love the picture of your family. It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love your entry, it looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more of your holiday decorations. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time Thanksgiving.

Your front door looks very inviting for the Holiday season.

I too, have been really busy and can't seem to find the time to do much on my blogs.....Oh well, I am sure everyone is in the same boat.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Amy!

Thank for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

I have to renew my passort in 2010 --I am not looking forward to seeing my new ten year older photo..lol...but I do want to travel so I will do it :-)

I am in Colorado today to celebrate my grandson's first birthday and it is snowing! Now I'm in the Christmas spirit and I'm looking forward to decorating when I get home.