Sunday, June 13, 2010

Piecing A Cabin Together

Well....it's that time of year again when I start talking to you about our cabin plans.  Just to recap a little.....we have some land up in the Adirondack's in Northern New York State.   That's where we want to build our small vacation home.

Here's the land

....and here is some wonderful and I mean wonderful vintage fabric I found at a yard sale last summer.  Look at those WOW graphics and vibrant colors!


I took a quilting class that my friend Pam taught at the new fabric shop in town called 'Stitches'.  I made this table runner to match my vintage fabric.  It was my first experience at quilting and it was a lot of fun!


I found a set of these adorable juice glasses to match

...and I found this painting of bird feathers.

Here's everything grouped together. 


Additionally...I'd like to have a farmers sink in the kitchen and use the vintage fabric as curtains below it. I'd like distressed stained red cabinets and some open shelving to put the red cherry and rooster juice glasses in. I'm hoping for a big chunky wooden kitchen table to put the table runner on.  Not quite sure where the painting will hang but one thing I know for sure is that it'll match.  I hope you'll find this journey of piecing together our dream cabin fun. I look forward to your input. ~amy




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of these, Amy, and they are so great together! I'll be tagging along as you piece your dream together!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Michelle @ between cottage and cabin said...

ALL of those things are great! I had a collection going too long before the first log was in place. I couldn't wait to finally put all of my treasures in place- I'm sure you are feeling the same way. I love that fabric- can't wait to see the curtains you will make and the red cabinets- we are kindred spirits!

Suzie Button said...

Hi Amy! Great ideas you have for decorating your upcoming vacation home. i LOVE the vintage fabric too! The scenery on it is so wonderful, well, all of your goodies are just great! Thanks for stopping over to see me at my blog the other day and for your sweet comments on my adorable grandbaby Madison. Suzie

OF SPRING AND SUMMER said...

Thank you for your visit and your kind comments! You have a lovely blog and I will be back for more visits.
All the best.
Ingrid xx

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It was a joy to listen to your wishes and plans. :) Loved it. Red being my most favorite color...at least at this time..and probably always.
Thank you for your comment on my little wheelbarrow. It is really great. It is light weight, easy to handle for me and stores SO easily!
The sink you wish for is the sink my daughter has and it is just beautiful!
Mona

Unknown said...

Wow, your fabric is gorgeous! I am Canadian and have never seen that pattern of our provinces before. I am speechless! Do you know if your source has more?

I read your 'about me' and we have many things in common. We dream of owning land and building one day, and just this week bought a new larger travel trailer to spend time in our great provincial parks.

I love your other accent pieces too, and I will be adding your blog to my sidebar to keep up to date on your posts. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment.

Unknown said...

BTW, if you are looking for inspiration for red cabinets, you should visit Kim at Twice Remembered Cottage (her link is in my sidebar) and she has an incredible blog and the BEST red kitchen cabinets.