Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pennsylvania Rt. 655

  Riding down Rt. 655 this afternoon was a lovely way to spend one of the last fleeting weekends of summer.   It's starting to look like Autumn for sure but the warmth of the sunshine still echoes of summer.


Our first stop was at Natural Designs ~ Floral Studio and Gardens...a little gem tucked away up a winding country road.  Owner Sally Yoder was gracious and her unique floral arrangements are really lovely.  If you're interested... she offers workshops in floral  arrangements.  Visit her at Natural Designs Studio for directions and more information.   


Some more of her pretties.


Rt. 665 is a thoroughfare for the Amish and Mennonite communities.


I consider myself privileged to be able to witness snippets of their daily life.


Working the fields.


Amazing!


We ended up at the charming Brookmere Winery where we participated in a wine tasting.  We visited with the owners who generously explained to us their experiences of owning a vineyard and winery. 






It was a perfect afternoon to spend with my husband as sultry summer days come to an end and gives way to cooler days bursting with color.   ~amy

4 comments:

Kat said...

Amy, this does sound like a perfect day. The sky is gorgeous! I love the floral work, I went to high school with a bunch of Yoders - I think it's a common Mennonite name. I grew up in an Amish area, and I too considered it a privilege and a blessing. Hope you enjoy more weekends like this before the cold hits. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos! Kat

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

good morning!

man! i had some cathching up to do and feel like i just went on the most fabulous vacation with you! having never been to the adirondacks or the amish country, it was lovely to get to view snippets of it through your lovely photos!

glad to hear that you and your husband are taking time to smell the roses! LOVE your porch!

((hugs))
becky

Jackie said...

Love the photos as usual. It's so fun to see your part of the country. We have a large Amish/Mennonite population in Missouri too and I feel the same as you that it's a privilege to be around them.

Happy Fall!
Jackie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

You are MOST fortunate to be able to witness such things first hand! I loved your photo's! The amish are so interesting...
I have a blog on my sidebar "Mennonite women can cook"..